There are so many reasons why you should visit Tuscany. When you are visiting Italy, you already know that aside from the Italian wine, their cuisine is something that you should never miss. But not many foreigners are aware that each region in Italy has its own unique specialty dishes. This is why when talking about Italian food, it is such a broad topic that you have to explore.
All About Tuscany Food
The Tuscan cuisine is mostly inspired with the traditional “peasant food” that’s why it is usually simple and rustic in flavors as well as their ingredients. But do not judge their food by their humble roots. Not because it’s simple, it doesn’t mean that it’s less delicious than what you expect. Their dishes and flavors are the reason why there are plenty of Tuscany tours Italy for tourists. So here are some of the dishes that you should not miss when touring in Tuscany.
- Bistecca Alla Fiorentina. This is one of the most favorite meals of Tuscan home cooks. This is a T-bone steak from a local Chianina cattle. This steak is served as a simple dish, seasoned with herbs like sage and rosemary.
- Crostini Toscani. This is usually offered at the start of every meal. Whether you are in a restaurant or visiting a family home, it is very rare that a Tuscan family do not serve you this first. This is a chicken liver pate that is served on a thin toasted bread piece. A tasty starter that is a staple of any Tuscan cuisine.
- Fagioli con Salsiccia. This is a dish of beans and sausage. Might not sound that delicious at first, but do not be fooled. This dish is definitely something else! It is made by soaking the borlotti beans in water for it to soften before they are cooked in onions, garlic, and crumbled sausage meat, added with chili and crushed tomatoes.
- Tagliatelle al Tartufo. Italy is known for its pasta dishes and the Tagliatelle al Tartufo is definitely one unique pasta dish that you should never miss. This is made of long ribbons of tagliatelle pasta with warm butter, garlic, and topped with Parmigiano cheese and shavings of black truffle.
- This is full of all the classic Italian flavors. It is a salad bowl of bread, onions, basil, bread, balsamic vinegar, and olive oil, tossed together. This salad is not a success if not using a stale bread soaked in the fresh ingredients to create this very tasty salad.
The International Kitchen
If Tuscany is one of the places in your itinerary, then you should never miss out the chance to taste their amazing dishes. The mentioned dishes above are just some of the many you should try. If you want to taste your way around Tuscany, then visit The International Kitchen for their cooking vacations. Their trips include accommodations, cooking lessons, excursions, and food and wine tasting. So what are you waiting for? Find your next perfect trip with The International Kitchen