After searching for online movie sites, you decided to give putlockers a chance. With this, you can watch movies any genre from science fiction to adventure, thriller, comedy, drama, foreign, and many more in a blink of the eye.
If you want your viewing experience to be more convenient, you can download movies then watch it for later. This is good news but you have to be aware that the Internet is not a very safe place. Some hackers can exploit the Internet to harm not only your system but also your personal life.
Knowing this, you have to be vigilant when downloading movies or any videos in general. You can ensure a secure environment for your computer and other devices through the following:
Make sure that your browser is updated
The first thing that you can do is to make sure that your browsers are updated. Remember that if you update your browsers, it will ensure the latest security fixes. If you want to manually update, keep these things in mind:
- Chrome users: you simply go to “Menu” then “Settings” and “About”.
- Firefox users: you simply go to “☰” then click “?” and look for “About Firefox”.
- Safari users: Safari is easy to update – you just have to open the App Store then click the “Update” tab.
- Internet Explorer users: if you are using Windows 10 or older, you can update Internet Explorer by going to “Control Panel” then “Windows Update”.
Ensure that your OS (Operating System) is updated
The next thing to do is to ensure that your OS is always updated. Just like the website update, it can also fix the latest security vulnerabilities. By updating your OS, it can help secure your computer against malicious files.
- Android users: to update or check for the latest update available OS, go to “Settings” then click “About” and finally the “Systems Updates”.
- iOS users: for iOS users, you can check updates by going to “Settings” then choose “General” and “Software Update”.
- Mac OS users: for Mac OS users, you can check updates by opening App Store then click on the “Updates” tab.
- Older versions of Windows 10: for older versions of Windows 10, you can check for updates by going to “Control Panel” then “Windows Update”.
Refrain file-sharing programs and websites
As much as possible, you should refrain from using file-sharing programs and websites. However, if it can’t be helped, you should install and use a virus scanner to check the files before opening.
Install and update anti-virus
Installing anti-virus is not enough. You should update it so it can protect your computers from the latest security vulnerabilities. There are many free anti-virus programs but if you want more comprehensive coverage, you should consider subscriptions.
The key here is to download from trusted sites. If you are not sure about the site, browsers usually block if they sense the site is carrying malware. The notification is full-page so it is hard to miss it.