Owning a car comes with plenty of responsibilities. One of them is regular oil change. New drivers do not have any idea how important this is. If you talk to an expert mechanic about car maintenance, one of the essentials is oil change. It can be a little pricy but you will reap the benefits in the long run. In fact there are now companies who offer competitive offers, like the Roxys Prices. So here are the things that you need to know about motor oil change.
What is An Oil Change?
Oil change is the most basic needs of a vehicle. The motor oil used by the vehicle is very important in its operation. But the oil will start to break down after some time and it should be replaced as soon as possible in order to keep the vehicle in top shape. Failing to change the old oil can become a problem to the point that the engine will stop the other parts from moving. Here are the different types of motor oil that you should know of:
- Mineral Oil. Commonly used oil, especially with older vehicle models. Sometimes called ‘standard oil’ or ‘conventional oil.’ This oil is produced by using untreated mineral refining.
- Semi-Synthetic Oil or Synthetic-Based Oil. This is a blend of oils that is produced using untreated mineral refining and also oils produced by mineral refining with a chemical treatment.
- Synthetic Technology Oils. This oil is produced by mineral refining and chemical treatment.
- Fully Synthetic Oil. This is a 100% synthetic molecules without mineral refining.
Motor Oil Change Advantages
Before we go into the benefits of oil change, it is important that we understand the advantages of changing your motor oil regularly. Here are some of the most important ones that you need to know:
- Reduce wear and friction.
- Protects your equipement.
- Control the temperature.
- Increase the life span of your vehicle.
- Makes vehicle components more efficient and reliable.
Synthetic Oil – The Most Recommended Motor Oil
If you have a chat with expert mechanics, they highly recommend for you to use synthetic motor oil especially for newer car models. To fully understand why expert mechanics highly recommend synthetic oil, here are some of the reasons why you should also consider it:
- Even in cold weather, the synthetic oil flows easier. This means that there is no loss of prime even when the oil is cold.
- Resistant to viscosity breakdown from friction, heat, and chemical contaminants. This means that the oil has the ability to easily flow in all attempts.
- Longer change intervals, around 7,500 to 10,000 miles every oil change.
Now that you have all the information that you need before your oil change, these are enough reasons for you to consider synthetic motor oil. Get in touch with your mechanic today and find out your options.