Like the name suggests, Motherboards are like mother to all the components attached to it. If we are to define a motherboard, it is basically the main printed circuit board in a computer and is also referred to as PCB. The base consists of a firm chip on a semiconductor and a rigid plastic.It holds the electronic components of the system including Central Processing System and memory and also acts as a bridge connecting various internal components of the system. This is why motherboards are an essential part of any computer. It connects directly or indirectly to all the parts of the system and has a great effect on its functioning. Motherboards are the backbone of your system and without it you cannot imagine your PC to eve function. Hence, it is very important to choose the best motherboard for your PC.
Motherboard Form Factors:
Motherboards are available in a range of different form factors. Some of these are AT, Baby AT, ATX, Mini ATX, Micro ATX, Flex ATX, LPX, Mini LPX and NLX. Most commonly used are ATX and Micro ATX.
- ATX (Advanced Technology Extended):
- Support for current and future I/O.
- New mounting configuration for power supply.
- Processor is relocated away from expansion slots to allow full length add-in cards.
- Provides air flow through chassis and processor.
- Micro ATX:
- Supports current and new processor technologies.
- AGP (Accelerated Graphics Port) to provide high performance graphics.
- Smaller in size and less power supply.
There are some best motherboards from Intel to choose from for the best functioning of your PC. Following are some of the best motherboards that will save you from the nightmare of not having a good motherboard to boost the performance ofyour system-
- MSI B250M Gaming Pro
- Z370 Aorus Gaming 7
- ASRock B250M Pro4
- Asus ROG Strix Z370-I Gaming
These are just a few to name. You can choose from a wide range of intel motherboards to experience the best out of your PC.